Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gonna get drunk and crunk!

1) Ole Ole Ole, And Other Corporate Cheers: So before you get all Berkeley on me, and picket outside my door, first of all, let me tell you that I am a Barack Obama supporter. I personally can't wait to have no homework, and pizza parties every day. It's going to be radical. Not to mention the jocks and cheerleaders are voting for him. But this did catch my eye. Did anyone else notice that Grandpa McCain picked a super hot milf to be are next Vice Prez? Wowie Maui. I don't think you are supposed to have day dreams about the number two in command of the country. But excuse me for thinking that a chick this hot may just be able to woo our enemies in to submission. I'm thinking she puts a skirt on, and we can get back to gas for 99cents!
2) Rant You: Speaking of politics, don't ever let me talk about that terribly boring stuff again. No, this is my time for a rant you all may have heard already. It's time for those three special letters. WTF? That's right each MLS team in the Concacaf Champions League (creepy choir singing ommitted), has been dropped. Teams like Joe Public of Bulgaria, and Tauro of Khazakstan have beat out New England and Chivas USA in the first legs of the competition. I'm sorry, but I am not the only to have never heard of these Central American teams. This is a pitiful disgrace, and it all falls back on the clubs, the league, and the ridiculously low salary cap. Back when Don Garber said we need to do better, he was right. But he needs to enforce a salary cap increase to put our teams on par with great teams like Tauro, and Joe Public! Good God. Rant over.

3) London Calling? No, Saudi Arabia? Still like the single entity format MLS fans? Do you like Don Garber waving his magic wand over decisions, tossing a coin, and then playing eenie meenie miny moe, to see what we should do next as a league? If so, maybe you didn't hear that DG just rejected New York Red Bulls attempted transfer of some guy named Kandji in the USL. Apparently this dude is a force down in Atlanta for the Razorbacks? And they were going to take the transfer for $200,000. It's cheap, it's in the clubs best interest, and yet MLS Headquarters decided against it citing a "bad precedent". Color me suspicious. I get the feeling Donald would prefer not to write any checks to the USL for fear of their improvement. Gasp! This ISH needs to stop.

4) I Be DonG- State of The League: Playoffs are coming, and let's hope that means more attendance, better tv ratings, and a bunch of press leading in to next season's addition of Seattle Sounders, the 2010 addition of the Philly MLS squad, still nameless, as well as the double trouble addition of 2 squads yet to be named for 2011. I would say look for a run from LA Galaxy in the playoffs, as well as some last minute theatrics out of our backyard San Jose Earthquakes. It's a good time to be a Quakes fan, and another interesting playoff race for all MLS fans. If we can get some good games in this last leg of the season, we may continue to see growth in the MLS fanbase nationwide.

5) "I said Joe Montegna:" Couple cool things coming people. Just to the upper right of this post, you can find a link that says, "click me homies". I urge you to click this clicker with you mouse or finger. It will send you friendly reminders when your boy has posted a new story here at the blog. Remember, anyone who hates Al-Qaeda loves TheSacUnitedSoccerBlog, so do the right thing people. Click on!

Holler: YourSoccerBlogger@yahoo.com

No comments: